Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death in the United States and the number one leading cause of disability. Every 40 seconds someone is having a stroke in the US. Can we afford to be in the dark about factors, symptoms and treatments? NO!
May is National Stroke Awareness Month and this year, the American Stroke Association is asking everyone to be a stroke hero.
Do you have what it takes to don the cape? Take our quiz and find out!
Looking for more info on stroke diagnosis, complications and treatments? Check out these great continuing education courses and save on all of them with promo code STROKE2016:
- Resistive Exercise for Stroke Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehab for the 21st Century: Where Are We at and Where are We Going?
- Changes in Stroke Management
- Diabetes Management In Stroke
- Bands, Flexibility and Balance – A Health Care Professionals Guide for Interventions
- Corrective Exercise: Optimize the Nervous System for Complete Functional Restoration
- Geriatric Massage: Evidence Based Approach to Improve Functional Outcomes and Quality of Life
- Neurological Rehabilitation: Motor Control Motor Learning and Recovery
- The ABC’s of Home Modification for Patients with Physical and Neurological Disabilities
Originally posted at www.ptceuonline.com on May 9th, 2016.