Rehab Rally is quickly approaching, and today we have an exciting announcement from The International Alliance of Healthcare Educators (IAHE) representing Chikly, Upledger, and Barral Institutes. They have secured several continuing education courses to be donated during Rehab Rally's Passport to Prizes. Formed in 1996, The International Alliance of Healthcare Educators (IAHE) is a coalition of healthcare instructors and curriculum developers united to advance innovative therapies through high-quality continuing-education programs. Each year IAHE coordinates hundreds of workshops worldwide supporting the more than 20 modalities developed by practitioners renowned in the fields of complementary care. The courses to be given away during the Rehab Rally's passport to prizes are as follows:
CranioSacral Therapy 1
Course Highlights: By the end of this 4-day workshop you should be able to:
- Describe the scientific foundation and principles of CranioSacral Therapy - and why it's the key to relieving pain and dysfunction at their source
- Demonstrate finely tuned palpation skills you can rely on as highly sensitive and intuitive healthcare tools
- Identify the subtle craniosacral rhythm and interpret its patterns to accurately evaluate dysfunction and improvements
- Locate the source of physical problems by traveling through the fascial system, that complex web of tissue that impacts all body structures and systems
- Release dural tube restrictions to enhance interactions between the central nervous system and the rest of the body
- Use techniques that produce dramatic health and relaxation effects, including Direction of Energy and Still-Point Induction
- Work with approaches to a number of common ailments such as TMJ dysfunction, head and neck pain, central nervous system disorders and many more
- Put a simple, effective 10-Step Protocol into practice right away
Lymphatic Drainage Therapy 1
- Describe basic anatomy, physiology of the lymph system and main body fluids.
- Explain the scientific principles behind Lymph Drainage Therapy, and why the lymphatic system plays a crucial role in recovering from disease and enhancing health.
- Explain the importance of the lymphatic system and how it relates to blood and other body fluids.
- Describe the main indications and contraindications of LDT.
- Perform techniques that help you move lymph and interstitial fluid through the body to cleanse it of toxins.
- Describe the main specific locations of lymph nodes and lymph vessels.
- Work with a 3-dimensional perspective of the lymphatic anatomy of the body.
- Palpate lymph flow and explain key details to specifically do so.
- Demonstrate specific lymph-drainage sequences for the face and neck, upper and lower extremities, superficial and deep abdomen.
- Describe key points to observe for optimal lymph drainage results.
- Travel through the body via the "lymphatic highway" to accurately understand fluid flow.
- Perform techniques for pre-post surgical conditions.
- Put treatments and self-help techniques right away into practice.
Visceral Manipulation 1
- Learn manual skills to locate, evaluate and normalize primary areas of dysfunction within the abdominal cavity.
- Explore the dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes, and ligaments.
- Examine the relationship between organs and structural or neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Assess the quality of functional activity and somatic structures as they relate to an overall pattern.