Participants will learn the history of SDOH and how to recognize them in the lives of their respective patients. Since almost 80% of wellness is based on non-clinical wellness, SDOH provides much-needed parameters to identify aspects of life that can impact life, health, and risk. Examples of healthcare providers who address specific SDOH will be provided, along with tools that can be applied throughout healthcare service provision.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- History of SDOH
- Basis and foundation for SDOH
- Defining SDOH
- Samples of applied SDOH
- Discussion of Neighborhood domain as an SDOH
- Impact of food/nutrition on neighborhood
- Discuss urban design and environmental impact on SDOH
- learn about types of communities
- learn about aspects of the neighborhood that directly impact health
- Learn about health and healthcare, education, economic aspects of SDOH
- Understanding social and community context domain of SDOH
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional recognizing social determinants of health in the lives of their respective patients.
- Identify variables of SDOH
- Identify aspects of neighborhood and environment that directly impact health
- Recognize specific aspects of environment and design that impact health
- Identify healthy aspects of physical community
- Recognize the impact of specific health community challenges
- Identify programs that have addressed SDOH health variables
- Identify education indicators that impact health
- Define social and community context pertaining to health
- Define social aspects of wellness
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 4 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Certified Athletic Trainer, Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Nurses, Nursing Home Administrator, Respiratory Therapist, Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Joy Siegel is the owner of Joy Siegel Solutions and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.