Child abuse and neglect impacts the individual, the family and society as a whole. This course will explore the nature, prevalence and various forms of child abuse and neglect. Participants will understand the physical and psychological impact of abuse on the child and strategies which may be used to identify and intervene when abuse is suspected.
|Contact Hours: 2|
Video Course Format: Video
|Instructional Level: Beginner||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Definition of child abuse and neglect
- Prevalence of child abuse and neglect
- Forms of child abuse and neglect
- Participants will be knowledgeable in the practice of reporting suspected cases of child abuse and neglect for the State of Iowa
- Participants will develop a working knowledge of strategies and interventions to use in clinical practice
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on physical and psychological impacts of abuse on the child and strategies which may be used to identify and intervene when abuse is suspected.
- Identify the nature and extent of child abuse and neglect
- Identify the various forms of child abuse
- Identify assessment process for suspected and actual child abuse and neglect
- Identify reporting requirements for mandatory reporters of child abuse
- Recognize strategies and interventions to use when working with children and families impacted by child abuse and neglect.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist, Certified Athletic Trainer.
Instructional Level: Beginner
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
This course is offered for 0.20 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related area).
Financial – Amy Burzinski is employed by BELLEFAIRE AGENCY and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.