This course is designed to provide an understanding of ethics and the expectations of healthcare providers as it relates to the four principles of healthcare ethics. Discussions around the relationship of laws, ethics and morals will lead into where to find the national and state level expectations of ethical behavior for each discipline. The connection will be made between professionalism and ethics with a great amount of time spent discuss a few of the approaches or frameworks that can be used to come to a decision in an ethical dilemma. Those frameworks will then be applied to real life scenarios to assist the participant in applying the information for future use.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Introduction to ethics and the four principles of healthcare ethics;
- Non-maleficence and justice.
- A review of the inter-relationship of laws, ethics and morals leading in to where to find your practices national and state level ethical expectations.
- Professionalism will be reviewed and connected to ethical behavior
- Common types of ethical dilemmas in healthcare with a greater emphasis on the various approaches and frameworks that can be used to work through issues.
- Real-life scenarios and application of those frameworks
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on the understanding of ethics and the expectations of healthcare providers as it relates to the four principles of healthcare ethics.
- Define ethics and describe the 4 principles to healthcare ethics.
- Recognize the inter-relationship of laws, ethics and morals
- Identify the ethical obligations healthcare workers are under at the national and state levels.
- Identify the role of professionalism in ethics.
- List the types of ethical dilemmas.
- Identify the various frameworks of ethical decision making to real life scenarios.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist, Nursing Home Administrators and Nurses
Instructional Level: Intermediate
This course is offered for 0.20 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Related area).
Financial – Leigh Ann Frick is the owner of Care Navigation Consulting and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.