Over 80% of physical and mental well-being comes from how we live our lives. Non-clinical aspects of well-being are directly impacted from our choices and social determinants of health. This course explores how our environment, self care, and personal choice improves our mood, enhances feelings of joy. Learn how finding joy can improve the lives of those you serve while empowering them to make meaningful choices for healthy outcomes.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Review concepts of joy
- Review feelings of joy and impact on health and wellbeing
- Discuss importance of understanding concepts
- Review concepts of nonclinical aspects of wellbeing
- Learn about impact of joy and health outcomes
- Identify communities with measured happiness and joy
- Discuss aspects of communities with healthy senior/aging members
- Discuss Blue Zones
- Review social determinants of health
- Discuss examples of SDOH and community
- Detailed review of nonclinical aspect of wellness
- Social engagement
- Review role of healthcare providers and nonclinical aspects of wellbeing
- Review cultural diversity and nonclinical aspects of wellness
- Review studies on joy, happiness and impact on health
- Review health outcomes from feelings of joy
- Discuss examples of seniors living joyful lives
- Review examples of activities to induce feelings of joy while aging
- Review methods of incorporating joy into health practice
- Understanding how providers can integrate joy into practice
- Insight into increasing nonclinical aspects of wellness
- Review potential outcomes of a joyless
- Review patient perspective pertaining to joy and life satisfaction
- Explore ways to incorporate joyful perspective and activities into practice when assisting patients
- Review suggestions for practitioners to express joy
- Discuss examples of healthcare practitioners who are expert in joy
- Review methods to incorporate nonclinical methods of wellness into practice
- Recognize that perception of aging impacts treatment plan and care
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional to recognize the importance of nonclinical methods to incorporate into practice for improved health outcomes and quality of life.
- Identify how joy impacts the brain.
- Identify how joy impacts the immune system.
- Identify how joy impacts heart health.
- Identify Blue Zone communities.
- Recognize specific components of healthy communities.
- Recognize social determinants of health.
- Recognize cultural differences and diversity.
- Identify roles of healthcare professionals.
- Identify ways to integrate joy.
- Recognize research and validated studies on joy and nonclinical aspects of wellbeing.
- Recognize feelings of joy and impact on health.
- Recognize human/global impact of joy.
- Identify potential outcomes from feelings of joy.
- Identify joy activities to integrate into clinical practice.
- Identify specific ways to integrate joy.
- Recognize how significant impact nonclinical methods of caring can improve outcomes.
- Recognize how thought processes impact care.
- Identify ways to empower aging patients to have improved health outcomes and wellness.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 4 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist, Nurse, Nursing Home Administrator, Social Worker, and Activities Professionals.
Instructional Level: Introductory
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
This course is offered for 0.40 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related area).
Financial – Joy Siegel is the owner of Joy Siegel Solutions and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.