Specificity of stabilization and balance training is essential for functional fitness, senior wellness , post-rehabilitation, and athletic performance training. Increasing core stability and balance through proprioception training helps to improve coordination and adaptability. This can offset some physiological effects of aging in seniors, aid in rehabilitation after injury or surgery for all individuals, and improve performance in athletes such as speed, strength, power, balance and agility. Using a proprioceptively enriched environment for training muscular control, adaptability and core stability may aid in preventing athletic injuries.
Upon completing this course the fitness professional will have a complete understanding of proprioception and an enhanced knowledge of anatomy. Through this knowledge and understanding the fitness professional will have the ability to determine appropriate exercise prescription, including modalities and protocols to facilitate the desired adaptation to this stimulus. The fitness trainer will be prepared to implement and execute these programs to produce the intended outcome. These outcomes will satisfy the needs of the client taking them closer to their goals.
This course is 4 contact hours in length (check your state approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 4|
Video Course Format: Video
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- The science behind stabilization training
- Body Equilibrium
- Sensory Receptors
- Stabilization Training Concepts
- Exercises and modalities
- Seniors Affects of Aging on Balance
- Post Rehabilitation and Stabilization Training
- Specificity and retraining proprioception
- Elements of Coordination such as Balance, Rhythm and Spatial orientation
- Reaction to auditory and visual cues
- Training concepts to improve athletic performance
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on appropriate exercise prescription, including modalities and protocols to facilitate the desired adaptation to this stimulus.
- Identify the benefits of functional training, balance and stabilization training
- Identify the Principles of integration, Sensorimotor systems, Proprioception and The many causes of instability throughout the body
- Identify how athletes can improve balance and stability utilizing different modalities
- List and explain the progression steps in stability training
- Perform a preliminary client assessment
- Implement a stability program based on needs analysis data and established program goals of the client.
- Recognize the concept of stabilization and its function in daily activities, fitness and sports performance
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 4
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant and Athletic Trainers
Instructional Level: Intermediate
BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Financial –Eileen Yard works for National Continuing Education Institute and receives a salary. She also receives payments from HomeCEUConnection for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial – No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.