As the number of customers seeking the guidance of medical fitness and wellness professionals increases, clients need comprehensive fitness and nutrition lifestyle programming. Trends in collecting data including physical activity and caloric intake through wearable technology, the use of smart phones and other devices are growing, yet leaving both the wellness professional and client with little knowledge of what exactly to do with the information collected.
This course will discuss wearable technology and fitness tracking applications along with an enhanced knowledge of effectively utilizing this data with a variety of applications and portals. Including, appropriate exercise prescription, and dietary consultation to facilitate the desired adaptation based on external feedback. The therapist/ fitness trainer will be prepared to implement and execute these programs to produce the intended outcome. These outcomes will satisfy the needs of the client taking them closer to their goals.
This seminar-on-demand is 4 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 4||
Video Course Format: Video
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Health and wellness coaching
- Behavioral Coaching for lifestyle modification
- Psychology and Motivation
- Identifying trends in wearable technology and fitness tracking applications
- • Nutrition overview
- Scope of Practice
- Nutrient Tracking
- Nutrition for weight loss:
- Technological applications for nutrition consulting
- Cardiorespiratory fitness training
- Heart rate tracking
- Target heart rate zones
- Training intensities
- Aerobic endurance training
- Business Management
- Organizational tools
- Technique coaching tools
- Video analysis
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on wearable technology to determine the appropriate exercise prescription.
- Identify the current trends in use of wearable technology and personal device fitness trackers by the general public and sports enthusiasts and implement these tools to enhance their business through organization through the use of portals.
- Recognize how incorporating wearable technology training systems can help to improve client outcomes.
- Recognize techniques for effective behavioral coaching.
- Perform data analysis. List and explain exercise guidelines and nutrition recommendations based on analysis of the data collected
- List and explain heart rate training zones and effect on cardiorespiratory function and metabolic activity
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 4
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant and Certified Athletic Trainer
Instructional Level: Intermediate
BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Eileen Yard is employed by National Personal Training Institute and receives a salary. She receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial – No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.