Therapists need a solid understanding of how to treat injuries which result from the improper practice of Yoga, and how to use basic yoga flow for their self-care as therapists.
This course demonstrates several useful poses including Mountain, Cobra and Downward Facing Dog. Lu guides the clinician on an exploration of relaxation poses and core exercises before concluding with a demonstration of Dolphin Pose and Dolphin Plank.
This Seminar-on-Demand is 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 2||Course Format: Video||Target Audience: ATC/LAT, MT/LMT, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Why so Few Poses and Why Yoga?
- Mountain Pose, Upward Salute, Forward Fold and Halfway Up Video Lab Demonstration
- Knees-down Plank, Knees-down Chaturanga, Cobra Pose and Downward Facing Dog Video Lab Demonstration
- Crescent Pose, Warrior I, Warrior II and Triangle Variations Video Lab Demonstrations
- Sun Salutations, Vinyasa and Modifications
- Spinal Articulation against the wall and floor Video Lab Demonstrations
- Hyperlordosis: How sitting causes it and are your hip flexors too short?
- Setup for Core Exercises, Reclining Cow Face Pose, and Spinal Twist Video Lab Demonstrations
- Vinyasa and What to do Instead
- Dolphin Pose and Dolphin Plank Video Lab Demonstrations
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is designed to guide the professional through a self-paced study on the basic poses of therapeutic yoga.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the most commonly used yoga poses and their modifications, indications and contraindications.
- Identify sun salutations and vinyasa.
- Recognize common diagnoses and the modifications and proper techniques for performing yoga.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 2
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers and Massage Therapists.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
- Financial - Lu Mueller-Kaul is owner of Balance Massage and Structural Bodywork and receives a salary. She receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
- Nonfinancial - No relevant nonfinancial relationships exists.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.