|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on establishing a foundation paradigm of the workings of the human heart.
- Define the role of the endocrine system
- Recognize the nature and function of hormones
- Identify the role of the pituitary gland
- List major glands of the endocrine system
- Recognize the interaction between the endocrine
- Differentiate Type I from Type II Diabetes
- List the cause and signs of Cushing’s Syndrome
- Identify the cause and manifestations of Graves Disease
- List major causes of goiter
- Recognize the results of excess or deficient pituitary production of Human Growth Hormone
- List the cause and symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Identify non-surgical interventions for neuro-pathologies
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Massage Therapists, Licensed Massage Therapist, Nurses
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – James Menz is employed by University of Delaware and receives a salary. He receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service