"Nursing is a fast past, demanding profession. Nurses are responsible for knowing their Nursing Practice Act. This course will prepare Texas nurses to comply with the ethics, laws, and rules that govern nursing practice in the state of Texas, including those from the Texas Statutes (Occupations Code), the Texas Board of Nursing Rules (Administrative Code), and Texas Board of Nursing Position Statements.
*Mail Format: When you choose the mail format we will rush you your course materials the next business day via USPS Priority, UPS Ground or UPS 2nd Day Air. Orders should be placed more than 7 days before the scheduled event to allow for time for delivery. High speed internet connection required for optimal webinar viewing
*Online Format: High speed internet connection required for optimal webinar viewing and material download.
|Contact Hours: 2||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: LVN/LPN, RN|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Discuss Texas Board of Nursing (TBON) agency mission
- TBON make-up of representatives
- How to file complaints
- TBON versus Professional Organizations
- Legislature & Statues related to Nursing Purpose of Rules & Regulations 217.11 & 217.12
- Functions of the TBON
- License Required
- Name Badges
- Temporary Permits
- Licensure Renewals
- Nurse Licensure Compact agreements
- Define Nursing Ethics
- Criminal Behaviors
- Professional Boundaries, violations Board position statements
- Types of Peer Review (Incident Based & Safe Harbor)
- Minimun Due Process 217.19
- Conduct Subject to Reporting 301.401 (1) A-D
- Minor Incident 217.16
- Exclusions to Minor Incident
- Safe Harbor 217.20
- Safe Harbor protections
- TBON Investigation & disciplinary process
- Define delegation
- Delegation & Nursing Process
- Scope of practice
- Six-step decision making model
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the Texas nurses on ethics, laws, and rules that govern nursing practice in the state of Texas, including those from the Texas Statutes (Occupations Code), the Texas Board of Nursing Rules (Administrative Code), and Texas Board of Nursing Position Statements.
At the end of this course the participant will be able to:
- Define the purpose of the Texas Board of Nursing and Nurse Practice Act.
- Define Compact Licensure and its impact on the nurses ability to practice outside their primary state of residence
- Recognize the principles of Nursing Ethics.
- Identify potential or actual violations in Professional Boundaries and Boundary Crossings.
- Identify the role of the Nursing Peer Review Committee (Incident Based & Safe Harbor).
- Recognize concepts for safe delegation.
Contact Hours: 2
Target Audience: Nurses
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Course Type: Seminar-on-demand
The course materials for this Webinar are available in our online format available instantly or by mail.
Financial – Shirley Aycock is employed by HomeCEUConnection and receives a salary. She also receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.