In this course Judy Jennings will discuss post-op care techniques of Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA) using soft tissue work to improve extension and flexion. This course allows the Physical Therapist to recognize the value of soft tissue assessment and manual therapy on post-op pain muscle tension and connective restrictions. Including effective active/assistive exercise techniques.
This Seminar-On-Demand is 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- "Soft Tissue Work"
- Videos of a Sample Treatment
- Addressing Soft Tissue:
- Ligaments and Tendons
- Soft tissue demos and discussion
- Skin, fascia,ligaments and tendons and muscles
- Myofascial Soft Tissue Work Sample Video
- Mobilization Video
- Sample Treatment
- Suggestions for Advanced Lab Courses
- Challenge to Participants
- Homework to train sensitivity of fingers
- Extension techniques and videos to reactivate the V. Intermedius
- Importance of Prone
- Flexion Videos and Discussion with Treatment Suggestions
- Isotonic Exercise
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is appropriate for all PT’s working in orthopedic settings. The content will offer experienced strategies to enhance standard practice for knee rehab to assure 0 extension and 100 degrees of flexion with maximum function..
At the conclusion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the value of initial soft tissue assessment and manual therapy on post- op pain, muscle tension, and connective restrictions
- Recall effective adjunct manual therapy treatment ideas for post op management of a TKA
- Identify effective active/assistive exercise techniques for 0 extension to 115 degrees of flexion
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 3
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant
Instructional Level: Beginner
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
The course materials for this course are available in our online format.
Financial - Judy Jennings is self-employed and receives a salary. She receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - Judy Jennings is the designated speaker for Lewy Body Dementia Association.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.