Structural Integration is a system of looking at the body in the context of how it is influenced by gravity. Lu Mueller-Kaul draws on her years of therapy experience to create course specifically designed to achieve lasting changes in the structure of the body.
This course defines Structural Integration and Rolfing, how it works and the results it can achieve. Basic techniques for neck, shoulders, upper and lower back are demonstrated. Special focus is given to rotator cuff tears, joint dysfunction and hip flexors. The course concludes by providing strategies for improving function and maintenance.
This Seminar-on-Demand is 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 3||Course Format: Video||Target Audience: ATC/LAT, MT/LMT, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Definitions of SI
- RISI (Rolf.org)
- What are the Results?
- How does it work?
- Where to start?
- Basic Techniques
- Trial and Error
- Strategy 1: Fix it!
- Seated: neck/shoulders Video Lab Demonstrations
- SI-Joint Dysfunction
- Seated work: Low Back/SI Video Lab Demonstrations
- Prone: Upper Back Video Lab Demonstrations
- Prone: SI-Area, Hamstrings Video Lab Demonstrations
- Side: SI, Outer and Inner Thigh Video Lab Demonstrations
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Side: Shoulder/Neck Video Lab Demonstrations
- Supine: SI-Area, Hip Flexors Video Lab Demonstrations
- Supine: Neck/Shoulders Video Lab Demonstrations
- Strategy 2: Improve Function
- Stragety 3: Maintenance
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is designed to guide the professional through a self-paced study on evaluating posture and movement in structural integration.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define Structural Integration and identify expected results.
- Differentiate between three different strategies used in a Structural Integration session.
- Identify the positions for treatment of various problem areas.
Contact Hours: 3
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants and Massage Therapists.
Instructional Level: Beginner/Advanced
Course Type: Seminar-on-Demand
Our mail order format allows you to obtain a hardcopy of the course materials.