Concussions have never been more monitored, discussed, and researched up to this point. It is crucial to quickly recognize the signs and symptoms involved with those who have sustained a concussion, the diagnostic procedures and examinations necessary to form a conclusion, risk factors, and the management and treatment needed for each unique case. Headaches, especially ones sustained traumatically, are not always considered a concussion, which is why baseline testing is qualitatively and quantitatively measured. The need for thorough understanding of return to play criteria is crucial for creating a safe environment for an athlete to get back in the game.
Initially taught individually at the prestigious Andrews Institute in Gulf Breeze, Florida, “Sports Concussion and Associated Post-Traumatic Headache” offers a review of head injuries assessment and outlines pertinent history, examination and imaging required for effective diagnosis and treatment of concussions.
This course is a must watch for healthcare professionals seeking a comprehensive guide to concussion diagnosis and management.
This Seminar-On-Demand is 1 hour in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 1||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, CSCS/NSCA-CPT, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on concussion and post-traumatic headache management.
- At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to
- Identify the difference between headaches and concussions
- Recognize which sports/activities typically result in termed headaches
- List the banned substances for athletes in competition
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 1
Please see "Approvals" tab for actual awarded contact hours for state and licensure.
Target Audience: Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
The course materials for this Seminar-On-Demand are available instantly in our online format.
- Financial - This course is created in conjunction with The Andrews Institute. The Andrews Institute receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
- Nonfinancial - No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.