It is becoming more and more common to have patients of Hispanic or Spanish descent who are not able to effectively communicate in English. A clinician who is able to educate and assist a patient who only speaks spanish is an extremely valuable asset to the hospital or clinic setting.
This course will provide a professional the tools and education to communicate with their patients, and therfore improve progress of treatment and quality of life for the patient.
This Seminar-on-Demand is 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 2||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, CSCS/NSCA-CPT, Dietitian/Nutritionist, MT/LMT, NHA, Non-Clinical, OT/COTA, PT/PTA, RN, RT, SLP, SW|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on basic Spanish for use in healthcare.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to
- Identify five conversational phrases to greet your patient.
- List nine question words to assist in gathering medical information from your patient.
- Identify 10 parts of the body in Spanish.
- List 10 descriptive words in Spanish a patient may use to describe how they feel.
- Recognize 10 occupations a patient may state while taking current occupation and employment status.
- Identify two ways how to ask in Spanish what your patient’s pain level is.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 2
Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists, Massage Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Non-Clinical Personnel, Registered Nurses, Nursing Home Admins, Registered Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitian/Nutritionists, Social Workers
Instructional Level: Intermediate
CDR CPE Level 1/ 740 Web-based
Learning Need Codes: 1060
Performance Indicators: 1.3.6, 2.1.3, 9.3.3, 9.4.6
BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential
Course Type: Seminar-on-Demand
- Financial - Cynthia Diaz is self-employed and receives a salary. She receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
- Nonfinancial - No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.