Your work with lower back pain can give clients their lives back, allowing them to once again enjoy the activities that debilitating pain had taken from them.
But core misalignment and sacroiliac joint dysfunction (SIJD), the source of pain for one out of three clients with back pain, can mimic numerous dysfunctions including neck and shoulder pain that frustrate your ability to identify the root of your clients’ problem. Ultimately, you can find yourself going down the wrong treatment path, leaving you feeling defeated and worried that your client will face surgery that could be avoided.
This course gives you the skills and tools you need to properly stabilize the pelvis and SIJ. Feel your confidence grow and your skills sharpen as you learn special assessment tests and measures, so you can address the pain faster; and evidence-based osteopathic-derived muscle energy techniques and neuromuscular therapy to restore function quicker.
|Contact Hours: 3|
Video Course Format: Video
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- The architecture of the pelvis
- Understanding spinal curvatures
- Nutation/counter-nutation of the sacrum Anatomy of SI Joint Causes of SI joint dysfunction
- Assessment tests for:
- High Ilium
- Rotation of ilium Upslip (SI Joint)
- Leg Length discrepancy Pubic bone misalignment
- Sacral Torsion
- MET corrections for:
- High Ilium
- Rotation of ilium
- Upslip (SI Joint)
- Pubic bone misalignment
- Sacral Torsion
- Anatomy/kinesiology of piriformis muscle and its relationship to sciatic nerve
- Assessment tests for piriformis syndrome
- Strategies and protocols for restoring a normal soft tissue environment for gluteus maximus and
- Piriformis muscles
Course Goals & Objectives:
Participants will gain Increased knowledge and skill set for treating core misalignments using Muscle Energy Techniques.
- Identify anatomy of the pelvic girdle
- Identify the causes of sacroiliac pain and dysfunction
- Identify how to perform assessment tests for core misalignments
- Identify how to perform MET corrections for core misalignments
- Identify the anatomy/kinesiology of piriformis muscle and its relationship to sciatic nerve
- Identify tests for piriformis syndrome
- Identify strategies and protocols for working with the gluteus maximus and Piriformis muscles
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Certified Athletic Trainer
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Peggy Lamb is the owner of a private practice and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.