Healthcare professionals will take away knowledge of scar formation, techniques best suited for long term recovery and the latest research on massage and scar management. This course includes anatomy, physiology, research, clinic anecdotes geared toward real life practice situations, basic interviewing techniques and clinical decision-making.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Review of skin layers
- Explanation of fascia and its role in the scarring process
- Symptoms and causes of abnormal scar tissue formation
- Description of fibrosis and its inflammatory components
- Basics of the lymph system
- Describe surgical scars and adhesions
- Explanation of nerves role in the scar formation process
- Current research on scars
- Sources 0f scar pain
- Scars, pain and quality of life
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on basic knowledge of the latest research on fascia, scar and adhesion formation and critical thinking skills to apply in their practice.
- Identify the skin layers and fascial layers
- Recognize relationship of fascia and the process of scars of adhesions
- Identify types of scars
- Identify the role of the lymphatic system in scarring
- Identify the role of wound healing
- Recognize dynamic of surgery and scar formation
- Identify how nerves and pain receptors play a role in pain
- Recognize current research on scars
- Recognize quality of life issues from the scar clients perspective
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Certified Athletic Trainer, Massage Therapist
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Nancy Keeney Smith is the owner of Touch Therapy and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.