Healthcare professionals are at increased risk for burnout. Workload, increased demands, sicker patients, work life balance can all trigger burnout or compassion fatigue and increase loss of confidence, potential for error, disengagement, isolation and low level of wellbeing. This sets up a vicious cycle for more burnout.
Resilience is something everyone possesses and can be cultivated to create a culture of high performance and increased satisfaction on and off the job. Resilience is part of a larger skill set of effective leadership and coping - emotional intelligence.
This course reviews the anatomy of a stress hijacking and presents proven strategies to interrupt that stress reaction and build resilience. Healthcare professionals are introduced to the basic elements of emotional intelligence as a foundation of resilience. Self awareness, self management, optimism, flexibility, stress tolerance are aspects of a strong emotional intelligence. The goal is to increase self awareness and teach strategies to change the reaction to stress while developing the ability to be more optimistic and flexible which builds a foundation of resilience.
|Contact Hours: 5||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, CSCS/NSCA-CPT, Dietitian/Nutritionist, LVN/LPN, MT/LMT, NHA, Non-Clinical, NP, OT/COTA, PT/PTA, Rec / Activities Director, RN, RT, SLP, SW|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Defining resilience
- Burnout: Is it inevitable?
- Stress Reaction 101
- Resilience: Complex and dynamic
- Ways to activate your resilience
- Defining five dimensions of wellbeing
- How the heart directs the brain
- Three categories of stress strategies
- Assertive communication
- Perception oriented strategies
- Coping strategies for stress
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Self perception
- Self actualization = Balance meaningful goals
- Interpersonal skills and relationships
- Stress management
- Stress tolerance
- Decision making
- Stress strategy review
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on combating stress in the workplace.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the difference between resilience & stress management
- Name the five dimensions of well-being
- List three ways to activate your heart’s intelligence
- List two action oriented stress strategies
- List three Perception Oriented Stress Strategies
- List three Coping Strategies for Stress
- List the five aspects of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Recognize the skill sets within EI necessary to develop a competency
- List the three skills within Self Perception
- List the three skills within Self Expression
- List the three skills within Interpersonal
- List the three skills within Stress Management
- List the three skills within Decision Making
- Recognize meaning of overall well-being
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Massage Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Speech-Language Pathologists, Non-clinical Personnel.
Contact Hours: 5 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Instructional Level: Intermediate
BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential
CDR CPE Level 1/ 740 Web-based
Learning Need Codes: 1000, 1010, 1120
Performance Indicators: 2.3.2, 4.1.4
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
This program is offered for 0.50 CEUs (Intermediate level, Related area).
Financial – Cynthia Howard owns Vibrant Radiant Health LLC and receives a salary. She receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial – No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.