The field of sports medicine has shifted its focus from treatment to prevention of injuries—termed “pre-hab” for athletes. This course discusses the most common runner injuries and provides an in-depth discussion of the top prevention strategies (pre-hab) for avid runners. Proper running mechanics, gait analysis and muscle exertion are thoroughly reviewed. In addition, demonstrative video facilitates comprehension of beneficial stretching and strengthening exercises.
This course allows the health and fitness professional to integrate several advanced concepts related to running through a balance of scientific theory and practice.
This Seminar-on-Demand is 1 contact hour in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 1||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, CSCS/NSCA-CPT, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Beginner||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on proper running techniques.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the most common running injuries.
- Cite four methods to prevent running injuries.
- Identify the strongest and weakest muscles in avid runners.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 1
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers.
Instructional Level: Beginner
BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
The course materials for this Seminar-On-Demand are available instantly in our online format.
- Financial – Jami Cooley is employed by HomeCEUConnection.com and receives a salary. She receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
- Nonfinancial – No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.