"Physical Therapy Differential Diagnosis” follows the standards for competency established by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) related to conducting a screening examination. This 4th module provides a consistent way to screen for hematologic, cardiovascular, pulmonary, and endocrine disease. This comprehensive text centers on a 5-step screening model that covers past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms for each client. Case examples and case studies are included with real-world examples of how to integrate screening information into the diagnosis process.
|Contact Hours: 10|
Text Course Format: Text
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
At the end of this course the professional will be able to:
- Identify 18 signs and symptoms of polycythemia.
- Recognize 3 major groups of leukocytes in the blood.
- Define thrombocytopenia.
- Define SAMS.
- List 8 risk factors for cardiac events.
- Recognize 6 types of anginal pain.
- Identify 6 clinical signs and symptoms of right-sided heart failure.
- Recognize the most common cardiac dysrhythmia.
- Define dyspnea.
- List 7 clinical signs and symptoms of respiratory acidosis.
- Identify 6 clinical signs and symptoms of acute bronchitis.
- Recognize 3 types of emphysema.
- Identify the most common genetic disease in the United States.
- Identify 4 endocrine disorders associated with chondrocalcinosis.
- Define Addison’s disease
- List 5 clinical signs and symptoms of a goiter
- Recognize 6 clinical signs and symptoms of Charcot’s Joints
- Define osteopenia.
Contact Hours: 10
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Certified Athletic Trainers
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Elsevier - Course content is provided via a royalty based financial arrangement between the parties, Elsevier Inc. & HomeCEUConnection.com
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.