This course addresses the specific issues of Pediatric Seating and Mobility. Clinicians will examine specific factors influencing pediatric seating and seating considerations for a variety of mobility bases. The course will address power mobility assessment and alternative driving methods for power mobility.
This seminar-on-demand is 6 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Pediatric specific
- Adaptive Strollers and frame considerations
- Manual wheelchairs dependent and frame considerations
- Manual Wheelchairs, Self-propulsion and frame considerations
- Manual Wheelchairs, perfomance
- Power wheelchairs: Seating
- Case study
- Importance of early mobility
- *Power mobility assessment
- *Power wheelchair Bases
- The access methods
Hour 5 and 6
- Case study = Taylor
- Mobility Training
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on power mobility assessment and alternative driving methods for power mobility.
- Describe pediatric specific consideration s in wheelchair seating
- Identify pediatric seating applications for various mobility base categories
- List 3 components of a pediatric power mobility assessment
- List 3 power wheelchair driving methods and clinical indicators for each.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 6
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Course Type: Seminar-on-Demand
The course materials for this webinar are available in our online format.
Financial – Michelle Lange is employed by RESNA and receives a salary. She receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.