This course addresses the specific issues of Pediatric Seating and Mobility. Clinicians will examine specific factors influencing pediatric seating and seating considerations for a variety of mobility bases. The course will address power mobility assessment and alternative driving methods for power mobility.
This seminar-on-demand is 6 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Pediatric specific
- Adaptive Strollers and frame considerations
- Manual wheelchairs dependent and frame considerations
- Manual Wheelchairs, Self-propulsion and frame considerations
- Manual Wheelchairs, perfomance
- Power wheelchairs: Seating
- Case study
- Importance of early mobility
- *Power mobility assessment
- *Power wheelchair Bases
- The access methods
Hour 5 and 6
- Case study = Taylor
- Mobility Training
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on power mobility assessment and alternative driving methods for power mobility.
- Describe pediatric specific consideration s in wheelchair seating
- Identify pediatric seating applications for various mobility base categories
- List 3 components of a pediatric power mobility assessment
- List 3 power wheelchair driving methods and clinical indicators for each.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 6
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Course Type: Seminar-on-Demand
The course materials for this webinar are available in our online format.
Financial – Michelle Lange is employed by RESNA and receives a salary. She receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.