Working with children in the school based realm is incredible! We get to enhance writing skills to further academic success. This course will focus on the prewriting and writing development from infancy to school aged children including identifying handwriting readiness and pencil grasp progression. We will also identify aspects of a thorough handwriting evaluation to include measuring handwriting performance in the areas of domains of handwriting, legibility, writing speed and ergonomic factors. Some wonderful ideas for treatment and intervention will be reviewed utilizing various approaches such as neurodevelopmental, biomechanical, sensorimotor, acquisitional, and psychosocial. Various handwriting instruction methods utilized by school systems will also be reviewed.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Introduction to prewriting and handwriting skills
- Consequences of handwriting difficulties at school
- The Writing Process: Preliteracy, Writing Development of Young Children, Writing Development of School Aged Children, Handwriting Readiness, Pencil Grip Progression
- Grasp Development
- Handwriting evaluation components
- Measuring Handwriting Performance
- Handwriting assessments
- Handwriting intervention planning and Models of Practice to Guide Service Delivery
- Handwriting methods used in schools
- Neurodevelopmental interventions, Acquisitional, Sensorimotor, Biomechanical, Psychosocial
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional
- Identify handwriting readiness and pencil grasp progression.
- Identify aspects of a thorough handwriting evaluation to include measuring handwriting performance in the areas of domains of handwriting, legibility, writing speed and ergonomic factors.
- List Treatment and intervention utilizing various approaches such as neurodevelopmental, biomechanical, sensorimotor, acquisitional, and psychosocial.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant
Instructional Level: Beginner
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Cynthia Diaz is employed by South Lake Hospital and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.