This course is intended to provide healthy individuals and wellness professionals with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement comprehensive nutrition lifestyle changes. Utilization of these concepts and techniques will help the individual or professional guide individuals to help them safely and effectively reach their goals by making healthy choices and lifestyle modifications.
As a result of this education, more wellness professionals will have the ability to provide guidance and education which can have the potential to help their clients to safely achieve and exceed their health, fitness and wellness goals.
With heightened success in desirable outcomes, this could raise the standard for wellness coaches to follow a health based approach which could result in more individuals excel in athletic performance as well as enjoy a healthier lifestyle and reach their body composition goals.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Nutrition for Optimal Health and Performance
- Nutritional Factors in Health and Performance
- Macronutrients;Carbohydrates, protein, fats
- Micronutrients; Vitamins and minerals
- Water Balance, PH, Electrolytes
- Nutrition and Weight Loss
- Scope of Practice
- Evaluating the diet
- Satiety and hunger
- Caloric intake and expenditure
- Goal Setting
- Nature of protein
- Role of Protein
- Types of Protein
- Functions of Protein
- Protein requirements
- Sports Nutrition
- Role of fats
- Fats and energy
- Fat metabolism
- Carbohydrates and athletic performance
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on knowledge and skills to develop and implement comprehensive nutrition lifestyle changes.
- Identify Nutrients essential to life
- List and Explain macro-nutrients and their functions
- Recognize the difference between micronutrients and macronutrient
- List and explain the functions of water in the human body
- List and explain the calorie requirements for individuals
- Identify the differences in scope of practice for nutrition professionals
- List and Explain steps to evaluate an individual’s diet
- List and explain the relationship between caloric intake and expenditure
- Identify the hunger hormones
- List and explain the steps of goal setting
- Identify the nature of protein
- List and Explain the types of protein in the body
- Recognize the functions of protein
- List and explain protein requirements
- Identify amino acids
- Identify the role of fats in the human body
- Recognize the relationship between fat and energy
- List and Explain the effects carbohydrates can have on athletic performance
- Identify the needs to replenish glycogen in the human body
- Recognize the standards of ph balance in the body
A webinar is LIVE INTERACTIVE audio and video course delivered over the Internet to your computer. With a HomeCEU webinar, you are able to see, hear and interactive with the course presenter. In many courses, demonstrative video will be used to further enhance your learning experience. All content used in the presentation will also be made available to you for your personal use (PowerPoint Slides, Reference Materials etc.).
Contact Hours: 4 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Registered Dietitians
Instructional Level: Intermediate
CDR CPE Level 2/ 740 Web-based
Learning Need Codes: 2070, 3000
Performance Indicators: 8.3.6, 9.3.2, 9.6.5, 12.1.1
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Financial – Eileen Yard is employed by National Personal Training Institute and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.