This course utilizes text from the softback textbook by Elaine Stillerman, LMT “Modalities for Massage and Bodywork” ©2008. Gain a better understanding of the top modalities in massage practice with expert insight and a balanced, user-friendly approach. This current, consistently organized resource distills a wealth of information on 21 popular massage modalities into easy-to-read overviews detailing the essential principles behind each therapy.
|Contact Hours: 5|
Text Course Format: Text
|Target Audience: MT/LMT|
|Instructional Level: Beginner||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on ayurvedic therapies, polarity therapy, and reflexology.
At the end of this course the professional will be able to
- Recognize the 6 stages in the development of “dis-ease” or samprapti according to Ayurveda.
- Identify and differentiate between 3 Doshas and their primary and secondary sites.
- Recognize udvartana is never used at night.
- Define Kati basti.
- Identify and differentiate between Rajasic, Tamasic and Satvic energy blockages used in the life force.
- List 15 health conditions and disorders that result in referrals to Polarity therapists.
- Recognize there are no known contraindications to Polarity Therapy.
- Recognize 4 criteria one must meet to become an Associate Polarity Practitioner (APP).
- Identify 9 contraindications when to decline to perform a reflexology session.
- Recognize how to hold the foot when performing reflexology techniques.
- Identify the 6 basic relaxation techniques according to ARCB.
- List 4 National Certification Testing Prerequisites.
Contact Hours: 5
Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Massage Therapists, and Athletic Trainers.
Instructional Level: Beginner
Course Type: Text
The course materials for this text are available in our online format available instantly, or by mail.
Our mail order format allows you to obtain a hardcopy of the course materials. When you choose the mail oformat we will rush your course materials the next business day via USPS Priority, UPS Ground or USPS Priority Express 2 Day.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.