This course utilizes text from the softback textbook by Elaine Stillerman, LMT “Modalities for Massage and Bodywork” ©2008. Gain a better understanding of the top modalities in massage practice with expert insight and a balanced, user-friendly approach. This current, consistently organized resource distills a wealth of information on 21 popular massage modalities into easy-to-read overviews detailing the essential principles behind each therapy.
|Contact Hours: 5|
Text Course Format: Text
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, MT/LMT, OT/COTA, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Beginner||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on geriatric massage, infant and pediatric massage, and prenatal massage.
At the end of this course the professional will be able to:
- List 8 most commonly used medications by the elderly in order of use.
- Recognize 7 characteristics of the CSHA Clinical Fragility Scale.
- Recognize that to reduce the possibility of fatigue, massage treatment time for elderly clients should be limited to about 30 minutes.
- Recognize 3 safest client positions for the elderly.
- Identify and differentiate between 6 behavioral states of the newborn.
- List 22 potential benefits for preterm and compromised newborns.
- Recognize eye-to-eye contact works best at 8 to 12 inches.
- Recognize the typical length of massage for the newborn.
- Recognize the natural lordotic curve is exaggerated during pregnancy because of hormones.
- Recognize how to test for pitting edema.
- Identify 6 benefits of massage.
- List 10 contraindications of prenatal massage
Contact Hours: 5
Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistant, Massage Therapists, and Athletic Trainers.
Instructional Level: Beginner
BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential
Course Type: Text
The course materials for this text are available in our online format available instantly, or by mail.
Our mail order format allows you to obtain a hardcopy of the course materials. When you choose the mail oformat we will rush your course materials the next business day via USPS Priority, UPS Ground or USPS Priority Express 2 Day.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.