This course utilizes text from the softback textbook by Elaine Stillerman, LMT “Modalities for Massage and Bodywork” ©2008. Gain a better understanding of the top modalities in massage practice with expert insight and a balanced, user-friendly approach. This current, consistently organized resource distills a wealth of information on 21 popular massage modalities into easy-to-read overviews detailing the essential principles behind each therapy.
|Contact Hours: 5|
Text Course Format: Text
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, MT/LMT, OT/COTA, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Beginner||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on craniosacral therapy, neuromuscular therapy and deep tissue massage, and trigger point release.
At the end of this course the professional will be able to:
- Identify 7 listening stations to be used for a general evaluation of the craniosacral system.
- Identify and differentiate between the flexion and extension phase of the craniosacral rhythm.
- Define energy cysts.
- List 6 contraindications of craniosacral therapy.
- Identify and differentiate between central and attachment trigger points.
- Recognize 10 characteristics of European NMT protocols.
- List 6 summaries of rehabilitation sequencing.
- Identify 6 guidelines when addressing most myofascial tissue problems.
- Identify and differentiate between a contraction, spasm and contracture.
- Identify and differentiate between an active trigger point, latent trigger point, primary trigger point, satellite trigger point and a key trigger point.
- Recognize how to treat an attachment trigger point if inflammation is suspected.
- List 3 questions frequently used to guide a session of communication during therapy
Contact Hours: 5
Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Massage Therapists, and Athletic Trainers.
Instructional Level: Beginner
BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential
Course Type: Text
The course materials for this text are available in our online format available instantly, or by mail.
Our mail order format allows you to obtain a hardcopy of the course materials. When you choose the mail oformat we will rush your course materials the next business day via USPS Priority, UPS Ground or USPS Priority Express 2 Day.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.