Nearly 40 million Americans endure at least 1 migraine or similar headache episode per year, with a staggering 9 million suffering 15 or more headaches per month. Conventional medical approaches and pain medicines carry high costs, risk of side effects, and are only partiallyeffective.
Fortunately there are safe, effective techniques available to massage therapists which have met with outstanding success. These inexpensive, noninvasive techniques can be applied almost anywhere, require no special equipment, and allow for wonderful relief and healing for our clients. The hands on approach to relieving headaches often brings immediate, lasting relief, to the client. The specific skills required are well within the reach of Licensed Massage Professionals and can be mastered in a short time.
|Contact Hours: 2|
Video Course Format: Video
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Discussion of cultural, social and economic factors
- Overview of research supporting massage therapy in headache treatment
- Discussion of individual triggers and potential for combination
- Additional symptoms often experienced by sufferers
- Discussion of certain muscles of the upper body
- Discussion of various benefits associated with massage for migraine
- Stretches and massage techniques specifically supported in relieving pain
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on management of headaches and migraines.
- List obstacles confronting massage therapy as a mainstream treatment.
- List several modalities associated with relieving migraine and similar symptoms.
- Identify common factors known to trigger pain.
- List signs, symptoms and experiences which often accompany migraine.
- Identify key muscles which relate to onset of symptoms.
- Recognize benefits of massage therapy as valuable to migraine patients.
- Recognize basic techniques shown to relieve headache pain.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Certified Athletic Trainer, Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Financial – James Menz is the owner of JGM Consultants, LLC and receives a salary. He receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.