Limited range of motion and pain in the shoulder girdle are one of the most common problems. A lot of treatments in the massage practice or in physical therapy only show results after several visits, so that patients get frustrated.
In this class, Lu will explain and illustrate her strategies for instant relief. A patient will be more compliant about exercises and happy to come back for more treatments if their therapist can give them better range of motion and pain relief with the first visit. The techniques Lu will be demonstrating are ones that she has found most successful in her 15 years of practice, providing at minimum, temporary relief in 80% of cases.
This Seminar-on-Demand is 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 2||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, MT/LMT, OT/COTA, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Techniques for fast relief
- Causes for shoulder pain
- Posture and movement evaluation video
- Causes for soft tissue pain
- Basic techniques
- Mobilization techniques Prone video
- Mobilization techniques on the Side video
- Mobilization techniques supine video
- Mobilization techniques Seated video
- Rotator cuff tears and frozen shoulder
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional through a study of techniques to provide relief for neck and shoulder dysfunction.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- List three causes of shoulder pain that are usually taught.
- Define stiff kyphosis.
- List two factors that influence how pain is experienced.
- Recognize that lifting the arms up is part of a quick evaluation for the shoulder girdle.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
The participant will have one year from the date of purchase or until the course expiration date to complete this course, whichever comes first.
Contact Hours: 2
Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Massage Therapists, and Athletic Trainers.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
- Financial — Lu Mueller-Kaul is the ownder of a private practice and receives a salary. Lu Mueller-Kaul receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
- Nonfinancial — No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.