This course will focus on Ethics in Healthcare, which is a growing concern and has become the top of the list of concerns - presented by therapists to the APTA, AOTA & ASHA (our national organizations).
The code of ethics will be reviewed from each discipline’s governing association, followed by multiple scenarios which delineate fact from fiction for each common healthcare related ethical concern.
This Seminar-On-Demand is 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 2|
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: Dietitian/Nutritionist, NHA, OT/COTA, PT/PTA, Rec / Activities Director, SLP, SW|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Patterns of ethical dilemmas in healthcare
- Cultural competence
- Reimbursement for services
- Review of the Code of Ethics for PT, OT and SLP
- AOTA Code of Ethics: Standards
- ASHA Ethics
- Fraud and abuse
- The decision making process
- Ethical dilemmas
- Employer demands
- Answering common ethical questions
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is designed to instruct the healthcare professional on maintaining ethics in the healthcare setting.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the code of ethics per association and /or board.
- Recognize ethical dilemmas in healthcare.
- Identify helpful steps to the decision making process.
- Identify examples of fraud and abuses.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 2
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists, Recreation/Activities Director, Nursing Home Admins, Dietitian/Nutritionists, Social Workers.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
CDR CPE Level 1/ 740 Web-based
Learning Need Codes: 1050
Performance Indicators: 1.1.6, 1.2.4, 1.5.4
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
This course is offered for 0.20 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Related area).
- Financial - Lisa Milliken is the Director of Compliance & Education for Synergy Care and receives a salary. Lisa Milliken received a salary for the presentation of this course from HomeCEUConnection.com.
- Nonfinancial - Lisa Milliken serves as the Louisiana representative to ASHA's State Medicare Administrative Contractor Network.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.