Today's multi-generational post-secondary classroom spanning from Baby Boomers to Gen Z poses a challenge to educators in two primary areas 1. Choosing multi-media teaching strategies to appeal to students of different technological abilities and learning styles based on demographics. 2. Identifying and addressing the needs of students in preparation for future success based on the researched common strengths and weaknesses associated with their generation. The same challenges face managers and business owners due to the span of generations in today's workplace in communicating with, and developing their employees professionally and personally.
Beginning with an exploration of demographic research, this course is focused on the need to create strategic thinkers and reinforce critical thinking as well as soft skills to prepare students and employees for success in today's market. This seminar will provide participants with teaching methods and management strategies to enhance Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Emotional Intelligence in their students and employees.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Examination of today's workplace
- Demographic research
- Comparison of generations
- Why are they necessary?
- Why are they lacking?
- How can they be learned?
- Examination of Educational needs in the classroom and on the job training and development
- Staff Training and Development
- Leadership Styles
- Leading High Performance Teams
- Team Building
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on teaching methods and management strategies to enhance Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Emotional Intelligence in their students and employees.
- Compare and identify changes in the workplace
- Identify demographic research and identify cohorts
- Recognize the impact of historical events, societal values and technology on cohorts
- List generational differences
- Identify demographic differential in skills
- List and Explain Soft Skills
- Identify Soft Skills Training
- Identify staff training and development targets
- List and explain differences in leadership styles
- Identify staff training and development programs
- Identify key components of leading high performance teams
- Identify the importance of team building within the workplace
- List and explain critical thinking skills
- Recognize critical thinking learning exercises
- Recognize Emotional Intelligence
- Identify exercises to foster emotional intelligence in the workplace
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist, Massage Therapist, Nurses and Nursing Home Administrators
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
This course is offered for 0.20 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Financial – Eileen Yard works for National Personal Training Institute and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial – No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.