Every year, millions of men, women, and children worldwide are victims of human trafficking, forced into labor, debt bondage, or sexual exploitation. Yet, despite the prevalence of this problem (even here in America), many myths and misconceptions still exist. This course, Human Trafficking for Healthcare Professionals, expounds on how to identify victims of human trafficking, which will enable healthcare professionals to save lives. The types of human trafficking, the laws surrounding human trafficking, as well as the protections and services for victims are discussed in detail. As a healthcare professional, your promise to promote the safety of the public is paramount! Arm yourself today with the knowledge needed to fight the force, fraud, and coercion that traffickers use to lure their victims.
|Contact Hours: 2||
Text Course Format: Text
|Instructional Level: Beginner||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Lesson 1 -- Introduction and Definitions of Human Trafficking
- Lesson 2 -- Types of Human Trafficking
- Lesson 3 -- The Law, The Crime, The Prosecution & The Human Trafficker
- Lesson 4 -- Risks and Health Impact of Human Trafficking
- Lesson 5 -- Protections and Services for Victims
- Lesson 6 -- Assessment Tools to Identifying the Human Trafficking Victim
- Lesson 7 -- Methods of Monitoring & Ways to Fight Human Trafficking
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on types of human trafficking, the laws surrounding human trafficking, as well as the protections and services for victims.
- List the types of Human Trafficking
- Identify anti-trafficking laws against the Human Trafficking crime
- Recognize the protections and services for the victims
- Identify the physical and mental scars of the Human Trafficking victims
- Recognize the methods of identifying the criminal and the victim
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state-specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech-Language Pathologist, Certified Athletic Trainer, Massage Therapist, Nurses, Nursing Home Administrator, Respiratory Therapist, Licensed Master Social Worker, Registered Dietician
Instructional Level: Beginner
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
This course is offered for 0.20 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related area).
Financial – Sharon Finch O’Maley is employed by Royal Tech Writers & Translators and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Financial -Jami Cooley is employed by HomeCEU and receives a salary. She did not receive payment for the edit of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.