This course is designed to help the health practitioner appreciate the prevalence of migraine and similar headache pain, identify some of the associated and causative factors, and acquire hands-on skills known to be effective at reducing the frequency and intensity of symptoms.
The course examines external and internal triggers of headache pain. It explores rationale and research supporting the efficacy of manual protocols and culminates with a thorough didactic of specific techniques. Attendees will be equipped with understanding and skill to begin helping clients immediately.
This Seminar-on-Demand is 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 2||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: MT/LMT, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Discussion of cultural, social and economic factors
Overview of research supporting massage therapy in headache treatment
Discussion of individual triggers and potential for combination
- Additional symptoms often experienced by sufferers
- Discussion of certain muscles of the upper body
- Discussion of various benefits associated with massage for migraine
- Stretches and massage techniques specifically supported in relieving pain
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on management of headaches and migraines.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- List obstacles confronting massage therapy as a main stream treatment
- List several modalities associated with relieving migraine and similar symptoms
- Identify common factors known to trigger pain
- Cite signs, symptoms and experiences which often accompany migraine
- Identify key muscles which relate to onset of symptoms
- Recognize benefits of massage therapy as valuable to migraine patients
- Recognize basic techniques shown to relieve headache pain
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 2
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Massage Therapists.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
- Financial – James Menz is owner of JGM Consultants, LLC and receives a salary. He receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
- Nonfinancial – No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.