The Muscular Pathologies course provides the student with an efficient tools to recall and understand the muscular system and its many aspects.
The course establishes the relationships between structure and function, how muscles works ideally, and examines the nature and origins of dysfunction.
Finally, this course looks at the root causes and consequences of the most prevalent muscular injuries and diseases. Upon completion the student will have gained and clearer understanding of how the human heart works and the nature and ramifications of major muscular dysfunction.
|Contact Hours: 3||
Video Course Format: Video
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on the muscular system.
- Explain the basic principles of muscle function
- Define primary terms of muscle anatomy
- Identify key structures within the muscle cell
- Distinguish the types of muscle fibers
- Describe the special proprioceptors of muscles and tendons
- Discuss major neurological mechanisms governing muscle activity
- Name common adaptations to exercise
- Define overuse injuries of the muscles and tendons
- Differentiate degrees of muscle strain
- Identify inflammatory diseases of the muscular system
- Describe the effects of muscular dystrophy
- Discuss the phenomenon of rhabdomyolysis
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Certified Athletic Trainer, Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist and Nurses
Contact Hours: 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Instructional Level: Intermediate
BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential
Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Financial – James Menz is the owner of JGM Consultants, LLC and receives a salary. He receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service