Handwriting remains an important component of a child's day and overall success in the classroom. This training takes an in-depth look at the underlying foundational skills needed for handwriting and prepares you to help students succeed. The course will review research, explore assessments and evidence-based intervention, and provide unique strategies and practical teaching tips for effective intervention and results!
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Description and studies of eight key performance areas and functions related to handwriting.
- Explore research and studies in handwriting
- Recognize handwriting development and functional performance
- Description of handwriting assessment
- Exploration of handwriting evaluations
- Research based review of handwriting intervention
- Evidence-based treatment interventions to remediate handwriting
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on the foundational skills needed for handwriting and prepares the professional to help students succeed.
- Identify the eight key performance components that impact handwriting.
- Identify the importance of handwriting for children.
- Identify the development of writing skills.
- Recognize assessment and screening strategies and effectively identify problem areas related to handwriting.
- Identify 6 components for performing a comprehensive handwriting assessment.
- Identify clinical intervention methods to promote and improve key components of handwriting.
- Identify various treatment activities to aide in the development of handwriting.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Financial – Michelle Yoder is the Owner and Clinic Director of Touchstone Therapy and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service