Handwriting remains an important component of a child's day and overall success in the classroom. This training takes an in-depth look at the underlying foundational skills needed for handwriting and prepares you to help students succeed. The course will review research, explore assessments and evidence-based intervention, and provide unique strategies and practical teaching tips for effective intervention and results!
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Description and studies of eight key performance areas and functions related to handwriting.
- Explore research and studies in handwriting
- Recognize handwriting development and functional performance
- Description of handwriting assessment
- Exploration of handwriting evaluations
- Research based review of handwriting intervention
- Evidence-based treatment interventions to remediate handwriting
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on the foundational skills needed for handwriting and prepares the professional to help students succeed.
- Identify the eight key performance components that impact handwriting.
- Identify the importance of handwriting for children.
- Identify the development of writing skills.
- Recognize assessment and screening strategies and effectively identify problem areas related to handwriting.
- Identify 6 components for performing a comprehensive handwriting assessment.
- Identify clinical intervention methods to promote and improve key components of handwriting.
- Identify various treatment activities to aide in the development of handwriting.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Financial – Michelle Yoder is the Owner and Clinic Director of Touchstone Therapy and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.