“Ethics for the California Physical Therapy Professional” was written by Lisa Milliken. “Ethics for the California Physical Therapy Professional” was designed to educate the healthcare professional in understanding the basic theories and approaches to ethical decision making. This online home study continuing education course meets the ethics requirement for California and has been approved by the California Board of Physical Therapy.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Statement||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
|California||PT, PTA||Approved Provider||Approved For 0.2 CEUs by CPTA #CPTAAP-28||CPTAAP-28||2025-05-31|
- The Principles of Ethics
- The Application of Professional Ethics
- Ethical Scenarios
- APTA Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Model and Case analysis
- The Realm-Individual Process-Situation (RIPS) Model of ethical decision making
- Fraud and Abuse
- Protect thy Patients and Thyself
Course Goals & Objectives:
This online home study continuing education course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on the APTA Code of Ethics, APTA Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant, the Board of Physical Therapy Policy Statement and basic theories and approaches in ethical decision making.
At the conclusion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Define Ethics and the components of ethical standards and behavior.
- Identify the ten medical principals of ethics.
- Cite the five roles of the physical therapist, which are noted as the foundation of the APTA code of ethics.
- Describe the seven core values which guide the APTA principals of professional ethics.
- State the components of the Realm-Individual Process-Situation (RIPS) model of ethical decision making.
- Identify the types of documentation fraud in healthcare.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant
Instructional Level: Beginner
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Lisa Milliken is employed by Select Rehabilitation and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.