Patients are seeking out and using complementary and integrative holistic practices. Essential oils is one option that is increasing in popularity. Many providers are not knowledgeable about essential oils and are not comfortable discussing the topic with their clients. Having a growing understanding of what essential oils are, how they’re used, how to integrate them in healthcare practice, and how to educate clients is essential.
This course addresses multiple factors related to the history of use of essential oils, distillation, regulation, purity, and uses of essential oils in healthcare practice. Finally, evidence-based research will be offered for a growing understanding of how essential oils can be integrated into healthcare services.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Description and images of who should study essential oils in healthcare, why essential oils in healthcare should be studied, the modern use of essential oils, and what are essential oils
- Description and images of how essential oils are extracted, the regulation and purity of essential oils, benefits of essential oils, free radicals, and essential oil properties pertaining to healthcare
- Description, images, demonstration, and studies of essential oil administration, research of essential oils in healthcare, top uses of essential oils in healthcare
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on how essential oils can be integrated into healthcare services.
- Recognize the role of essential oils in modern healthcare
- Identify 3 ways essential oils are extracted
- List the benefits of essential oils
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Athletic Trainers, Massage Therapists
Instructional Level: Beginner
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Cori Campbell is employed by Healthy Living at Home and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.