Originally broadcast at the prestigious Andrews Institute in Gulf Breeze, Florida and created in partnership with the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA), this online course is perfect for athletic trainers, team physicians, nurses and emergency medical technicians.
Emergency care requires preparation, training, and a coordinated response between all emergency team members. “Emergency Care in Sports” is a comprehensive emergency course focusing strictly on assessing and treating traumatic injuries affecting athletes at all levels.
This Seminar-on-Demand is 3 hours, 38 minutes in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 4||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, CSCS/NSCA-CPT, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Advanced||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Statement||Provider Code||Approval Category||Expiration Date|
|Florida||ATC/LAT||BOC Approved Provider||Approved for 4 hours||P3633-229||Category A||2019-12-31|
|Florida||ATC/LAT||BOC Approved Provider||APPROVED FOR 4 HOURS||P3633||Category A||2019-12-31|
- Part 1: Emergency Care in Sports Emergency Planning
- Part 2: Emergency Care in Sports Trauma Survey
- Part 3: Emergency Care in Sports Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Part 4: Emergency Care in Sports Head & Neck
- Part 5: Emergency Care in Sports Emergency Room Protocols
- Part 6: Emergency Care in Sports Vital Signs Trending
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on assessing and treating traumatic injuries affecting athletes at all levels.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to
- Identify medical aspects in development of comprehensive venue specific emergency plans
- Identify concepts related to rapid patient assessment
- Recognize automated external defibrillation (AED), advanced airway management
- Recognize skills in vital sign trending.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 4
Please see "Approvals" tab for actual awarded contact hours for state and licensure
Target Audience: Athletic Trainers, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists.
Instructional Level: Advanced
BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
The course materials for this Seminar-On-Demand are available instantly in our online format.
- Financial - This course is created in conjunction with The Andrews Institute. The Andrews Institute receives royalty payments from HomeCEUConnection.com for the presentation of this course.
- Nonfinancial - No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.