The course titled "Eﬀective and Eﬃcient Documentation in Home Healthcare" is directed at home health PTs, OTs, and SLPs in order to improve documentation quality and eﬃciency. The course highlights CMS expectations for eﬀective documentation and the identiﬁcation of the critical foundations of accurate documentation in home health. The goal is to teach clinicians how to describe skillful interventions in their documentation as well as recognize common mistakes in order to avoid them. Additionally, the course will highlight the value of eﬃcient documentation for productivity and work-life balance. Last, the course will provide a methodolgy to improve documentation eﬃciency for those who struggle with time management with clinical documentation. This course will transform home health clinicians into precise, accurate, and eﬃcient documenters.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Describe the expectations of CMS in providing reasonable and necessary therapy
- Define the basics of effective documentation in home health
- Discuss the effect of PDGM on documentation
- Reasons why effective documentation is essential
- Present the 6 functional factors on the OASIS that influence reimbursement - with tips on scoring
- Implementation of effective care from Evaluation to discharge
- Avoid common mistakes
- Definition of Efficient
- Research that supports the need for efficiency
- Importance and Value of Efficient Documentation
- Research to suport the importance and value of efficiency
- Ways to improve efficient documentation
Course Goals & Objectives:
Participants will gain the expectations for quality documentation in home healthcare and incorporate the research and tips that are essential to improve documentation efficiency.
- Identify the foundations of reasonable and necessary therapy and therapy documentation as described by CMS.
- Recognize the reason why documentation is essential for home healthcare.
- Identify the functional question scored on the OASIS start of care that influence reimbursement.
- Identify the components of effective documentation from evaluation to discharge.
- Select common mistakes made in documentation, in order to avoid.
- Identify the elements of efficient documentation and its need in healthcare.
- Identify the importance and value of documentation efficiency as seen in the research.
- Select research based as well as experience based methods to improve documentation efficiency.
- Identify gaps in flawed documentation quality and efficiency in order to improve both.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 3 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist
Instructional Level: Beginner
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
This course is offered for 0.30 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Financial – Ari Ginsberg is employed by Amedisys Home Health & Hospice and receives a salary. He receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.