Have you ever heard the statement, “If nothing changes, everything remains the same”? Children go through critical peaks of brain development that offers their brains enormous potential. However, as professionals, we need to know when and how to tap into this potential with our interventions to create change.
This unique course emphasizes child development, reflexes, and sensory processing and explores how each pertains to yoga as an intervention. Understand how yoga impacts primitive reflexes, the vestibulo-ocular connection, sensory processing, developmental milestones and sequencing. Using the Yoga4Karma™ approach allows you to sequence interventions to allow for optimal outcomes. You will walk away from this course with everything you need to begin using yoga as a modality in individual and/or group treatment sessions for children with special needs and/or community based wellness programs for children at risk. Our children are our future. Create the change you want to see in the world one child at a time!
This Seminar-on-Demand is 5 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 5||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, MT/LMT, OT/COTA, PT/PTA|
|Instructional Level: Advanced||BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Eye exercises
- Overview and explanation of types of poses
- Video of Supine Poses (Corps, Happy Baby, Knee to Head,)
- Video Demonstration of Prone poses (Airplane, Half Locust, Bow, Cobra, Iguana)
- Video Demonstration of Inverted poses (Candle Stick, Bridge
- Video Demonstration of Sitting poses (Easy, Nobility, Boat Yoga Roll, Star)
- Video Demonstration of Quadruped poses (table, Cat/Cow, Zebra, Pigeon, Ostrich, Scorpion, Down-ward Dog, Roadrunner, Slide)
- Video Demonstration of Kneeling poses - (Deer, Crescent Moon, Gate)
- Video Demonstration of Standing Poses - (Elephant, X, Windmill, Archer, Ghost, Moon, Tree)
- Deep relaxation
- Reflexes and movement
- Treatment for different types of children
- Working with a group
- Treatment planning
- Themed based treatment sessions
- Yoga stories
- Documentation and billing
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on child development, reflexes, and sensory processing and explores how each pertains to yoga as an intervention.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify developmental, functional, and psychosocial implications for the use of yoga with infants, children, and teens.
- Dissect yoga practices to better identify when, why, and how to use yoga to establish optimal outcomes.
- Identify three ways yoga can promote developmental progression, sensory integration, and wellness.
- Identify grading and adapting yoga techniques for pediatric populations and diagnoses.
- Identify key components of a treatment plan employing the Yoga4Karma™ Method to customize intervention.
Contact Hours: 5
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants.
Instructional Level: Advanced
BOC Level of Difficulty: Essential
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand