This course shows learners how to design strength and power development workout sessions and resistance training programs. Based on the latest research and trends in strength and power training, attendees will gain knowledge and skills to implement in workouts and programs immediately. Additionally, this course covers the best practices for programming rest and recovery including exercise scheduling and sleep habits.
|Contact Hours: 2
|Video Course Format: Video
|Instructional Level: Intermediate
|BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
|BOC Approved Provider
|Colibri Healthcare (BOC AP#: P3633) is Approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of (2) Category A hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- Mechanisms of Strength Development.
- Muscle clocks: the science behind scheduling.
- Interference theory: The science behind how-to program for maximal strength and power gains.
- Training methods for strength development. Sample workouts.
- Training methods for power development. Sample workouts.
- Flexibility programming.
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional how to design strength and power development workout sessions and resistance training programs.
- Identify the mechanisms of strength development and how they relate to strength training programming and scheduling.
- Locate what muscle clocks are and how they relate to strength training programming and scheduling.
- Identify interference theory and the research on the effects of cardiovascular endurance training on strength and power development.
- Recognize effective strength and power training sessions and programs to improve muscle performance.
- Identify the best practices for programming rest and recovery including exercise scheduling and sleep habits.
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Certified Athletic Trainers
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Amy Ashmore is employed by College of Southern Nevada and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.