As an empower, productive service provider in any field, this course provides tools and insight necessary to best understand the rich diversity of American society as it is today. While it is important to recognize that humans are humans, there are varying degrees of difference that enable us to be providers who have that additional compassion and empathy that make service recipients get the service they deserve, with fewer misunderstandings based on cultural differences.
This course touches on the reality that cultural differences are no longer limited to birthplace, religion, or heritage, but also on customs, lifestyle, use of language, and interpretation of differences.
Be a smarter service provider, know your clients better - this course will help.
|Contact Hours: 1|
Video Course Format: Video
|Instructional Level: Intermediate||BOC Level of Difficulty: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Overview of the need for culturally diverse environment in healthcare systems
- Outcomes of a culturally sensitive environment
- Define and identify cultural differences
- Explore how cultural differences can impact communication and health outcomes
- Understand environment of cultural competency
- Identify visual cues
- Aspects of different cultures
- Overview of government effort for health equality
- Learn suggested means of communicating with open-ended questions
- Discuss cultural adaptability
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional to recognize cultural differences, identify methods to communicate and present in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Recognize the impact of cultural diversity and healthcare
- Identify aspects of a culturally competent environment
- Identify potential outcomes of cultural diversity without competency
- Recognize language/communication style for cultural competency
- Identify importance of cultural competency for healthcare providers
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 1 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist, Certified Athletic Trainer, Massage Therapist, Nurses, Nursing Home Administrator, Respiratory Therapist, Licensed Master Social Worker, Registered Dietician
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
This course is offered for 0.10 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Related area).
Financial – Joy Siegel is the owner of Joy Siegel Solutions and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.