This course is designed and complies with the requirements set forth by the State of Illinois for businesses to comply with Respectful Workplace Training as outlined in Illinois SB 75.
The Act requires that all employers in Illinois provide sexual harassment training to all employees, each year, starting in 2020. All employers with 1 or more employees working in Illinois must provide all employees with annual harassment training that meets the new training requirements in the Illinois Human Rights Act (IHRA).
To comply with the training requirements of Illinois SB 75, this course will provide training in the following areas:
- Review how harassment harms the victim, the harasser, and the organization
- Understand the differences that men and women fear regarding sexual harassment
- Learn the different types of harassment, as defined by the law
- Review of harassing behaviors
- Understanding Impact vs. Intent
- Explain what is expected of you when harassment occurs and how to STOP harassment
- Rules for creating a respectful workplace
- For Supervisors: Your role & responsibility; and how to conduct an internal investigation
At the conclusion of this training all employees should have a clear understanding of how to maintain a respectful and harassment-free workforce.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
|Illinois||PT, PTA||Approved Provider||216.000152||2022-09-30|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on gaining a clear understanding of a harassment-free workplace and comply with policy and state laws.
- Recognize harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- Recognize how to report instances of harassment or discrimination
- Identify Training for managers on creating a respectful culture and dealing with reported issues
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist, Certified Athletic Trainer, Massage Therapist, Nurses, Nursing Home Administrator, Social Worker, Registered Dietician and Activities Professionals.
Instructional Level: Beginner
Criteria for Completion: Criteria for Completion: A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved
Financial – Heather Guarnera is employed by HumCap and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.