This course is intended to provide fitness and medical wellness professionals with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement comprehensive exercise strategies. Utilization of these concepts and techniques will help the fitness professional guide individuals to help them safely and effectively reach their goals by increasing their neuromuscular coordination and stability through bodyweight and suspension training.
As a result of this education, more fitness professionals will have the ability to execute properly progressed fitness programs that have the potential to help their clients to safely achieve and exceed their goals.
With heightened success in desirable outcomes, this could raise the standard for medical wellness and fitness professionals to follow a health based approach which could result in more functionally fit individuals as well as offset the likelihood of injury. Additionally fitness enthusiasts can enjoy learning technique, exercise selection and workout programming during this seminar.
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- What is bodyweight suspension training?
- Who is bodyweight suspension training suitable for?
- Benefits of suspension and bodyweight training
- Setting up and anchoring equipment
- Maintaining proper form
- Progression and modification
- Different types of training equipment
- Sun salutation
- Yoga Flow
- Core Activation
- Lower Body exercises
- Upper Body exercises
- Core Exercises
- Combination exercises
- Mixed Modality
- Complementary bodyweight exercises
- Cardio interval training
- Stabilization Training to improve athletic performance
- Post rehabilitation
- Marketing for fitness pros
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to instruct the professional with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement comprehensive exercise strategies.
- Identify different types of suspension training equipment
- List and explain the benefits of suspension and bodyweight training
- Identify exercise progressions and modifications
- Identify proper setup for a variety of suspension training equipment
- Recognize proper exercise form and technique
- Identify the physiological components of a warm up
- List and explain the steps to creating a proper warm up
- Identify exercises for a specific warmup
- List a variety of warm up routines for bodyweight suspension training
- List and explain prone iso-abs training targets and progressions
- Identify improper form and exercise technique during suspension training.
- List and explain exercises that can be performed using a variety of suspension equipment
- Identify combinations of upper and lower body suspension exercises
- Recognize mixed modality exercise combining suspension, bodyweight and other training tools 15. Identify cardio interval suspension training programs
- List and explain marketing strategies for suspension training
- Identify a variety of training sessions and programs based on fitness and wellness goals
"Seminar-On-Demand" course are streamed on your web browser if the online version if purchased. Our SODs are optimized for the most current versions of Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. A current version of Adobe Flashplayer is also required when viewing on a desktop or laptop computer. All SOD courses are mobile ready.
Contact Hours: 4 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Target Audience: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Certified Athletic Trainer
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Financial – Eileen Yard is employed by National Personal Training Institute and receives a salary. She receives payment from HomeCEU for the presentation of this course.
Nonfinancial - no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service