This course focuses on the facts of what is required for healthcare documentation of skilled therapy. This includes facts of the current Medicare policies, the recent legislation with the newest data requirements to be in therapy documentation, and all the defined components of skilled therapy documentation.
Finally, a forecast is provided for future expectations of documentation and related medical record requirements for reimbursement.
This Seminar-On-Demand is 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 2||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: NHA, OT/COTA, PT/PTA, SLP|
|Instructional Level: Intermediate|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is designed to instruct the healthcare professional on healthcare documentation requirements.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Locate the Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, to include the specific sections where all documentation requirements are described.
- Identify the newest regulatory and legislative requirements for assessment and outcome data in the therapy documentation.
- Differentiate between covered and non-covered therapy services found in the skilled nursing setting per Medicare Guidelines.
- Identify the required components to prove medical necessity for skilled services.
- List the required components of documentation in a skilled nursing setting for: POC, progress notes & for daily documentation.
Criteria for Completion:
A score of 70% or more is considered passing. Scores of less than 70% indicate a failure to understand the material and the test will need to be taken again until a passing score has been achieved.
Contact Hours: 2
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists, Nursing Home Admins.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
The course materials for this Seminar-On-Demand are available instantly in ouronline format .
This course is offered for 0.20 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Related area).
- Financial - Lisa Milliken is the Director of Compliance & Education for Synergy Care and receives a salary. Lisa Milliken received a salary for the presentation of this course from HomeCEUConnection.com.
- Nonfinancial - Lisa Milliken serves as the Louisiana representative to ASHA's State Medicare Administrative Contractor Network.
- No relevant conflicts of interest exist for any member of the activity planning committee.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.