More than 1.2 million people in the United States and Canada suffer with hope-robbing, independence-depriving effects of aphasia despite millions of dollars spent on research, treatment, and public awareness of the problem.
This course presents innovative treatment protocols and technology-based tools that enhance clinical skills, assist in the integration of evidence and patient values into aphasia rehabilitation, and save clinician preparation time. Techniques and tools that optimize exploitation of neuroplasticity to maximize aphasia recovery are featured. The clinician is taught how to identify the specifics of exploiting neuroplasticity including; general rehabilitation, communication disorders, evidence base, and brain compatible aphasia treatment. They also explore between the treatment approaches for; semantic-lexical impairment, phonological impairment, discourse impairment, comprehension issues, cognitive skills that support speech and language, and acquired reading/writing problems.
This Seminar-On-Demand is 4 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 4||
Video Course Format: Video
|Target Audience: OT/COTA, SLP|
|Instructional Level: Advanced|
|State||Discipline||Approval Status||Provider Code||Expiration Date|
- Questions about Aphasia
- VDOA Videos
- Metaphasia Video
- Traditional Treatment and Concerns
- Evidence Based Practice
- What people Recovering for Aphasia and Apraxia really Want.
- Berger Intro-Video
- Neuroplasticity and Aphasia Recovery
- How to exploit Neuroplasticity to maximize aphasia recovery
- Brain Compatible Aphasia Treatment Program (BCAT)
- Whole Person Aphasia Recovery Plan
- Aphasia Phonics Treatment Module and video
- Oral Reading Treatment (ORT)
- Conjugation Treatment Module
- Discourse Building Treatment Module
- Question Concepting Module
- Flash Spelling Treatment Module
- Keyboarding Treatment Module
- Morphing Treatment Module
- Numeracy Treatment Module
- Pronouns Treatment Module
- Semantic Cognition Treatment Module
- Semantic Cognition
- Semantic Figure Ground
- Semantic Scaling
- Verbing Treatment Module
- Helm-Elicited Language Program for Syntax Stimulations
- Cognitive Skills Support Treatment
- BCAT Tenets
Course Goals & Objectives:
This course is intended to guide the clinician in a study of aphasia treatment.
At the conclusion of this course, the clinician will be able to:
- Identify a clinically-useful visual definition of aphasia and Evidence-based practice approaches to the treatment of Aphasia.
- Identify the specifics of exploiting neuroplasticity including; general rehabilitation, communication disorders, evidence base, and brain compatible aphasia treatment.
- Identify software designed to exploit neuroplasticity.
- Identify the philosophy behind exploiting neuroplasticity.
- Differentiate between the treatment approaches for; semantic-lexical impairment, phonological impairment, discourse impairment, comprehension issues, cognitive skills that support speech and language, and acquired reading/writing problems.
Contact Hours: 4
Target Audience: Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistants, and Speech-Language Pathologists.
Instructional Level: Beginner/Advanced
Course Type: Seminar-On-Demand
This course is offered for 0.?0 ASHA CEUs (Advanced level, Professional area).
- Financial - Bill Connors is a clinical instructor for the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh adn receives a salary. Bill Connors receives royalty payments for the presentation of this course from HomeCEUConnection.com.
- Nonfinancial - Bill Connors is a state representative and member of the Multicultural Task Force for the National Aphasia Association and a member of the Advisory Board at speechpathology.com.
Content Disclosure: This course does not focus solely on any specific product or service.
Cancellation Policy: For activity cancellation, returns, or complaint resolution, please contact Anne Osborn by email Anne@HomeCEU or by phone at 1.800.55.4CEUS (2387). We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been completed (exam not taken), or for any course that has been rejected by your board of approval. Webinar attendance must be canceled 24 hours before the scheduled start time.