Renewing your Washington Massage Therapy License: What You Need To Know
We know that as a busy Massage Therapy professional, you have a lot going on and trying to remember when and how to renew your license. Don’t worry! We are here to help with everything you need to know about renewing your Washington Massage Therapy license*.
What You Need To Know:
- Washington Massage Therapy practitioners must renew their massage therapy license every year.
- Credentials expire on the practitioner’s birthday and may be renewed within 90 days prior to the expiration date.
- To renew a license, licensed massage practitioners must complete twenty-four hours of continuing education every two years.
- A minimum of eight (8) hours must be directly supervised massage skills training.
- A minimum of four (4) hours must be in professional ethics, communication, and/or Washington state massage laws and regulations. Two (2) of these hours must include professional roles and boundaries.
- The remaining twelve hours (12) may be met by meeting the following requirements:
- Distance learning: Distance learning includes, but is not limited to, correspondence course, webinar, online learning, or computer broadcasting/webcasting (Max of twelve hours allowed reporting period).
- Active service on massage related boards or committees. A maximum of twelve hours is allowed per reporting period.
- Self-study through the use of multimedia devices or the study of books, research materials, and/or other publications.
- Attendance at a local, state, national, or international continuing education program.
- First aid, CPR, or emergency-related classes.
- Multimedia devices (Max of twelve hours per reporting period).
- Books, research materials, and/or other publications (Max of two hours per reporting period).
- Teaching a course for the first time, not to exceed eight hours.
- Business and management courses, not to exceed eight hours.
- Specialized training.
Once you’ve completed your required continuing education, simply pay the associated fee and send off your renewal application or file online on the Washington State Department of Health…easy!
Let us help you with your renewal! Pick up your MT CE Membership Today!
*Renewal information provided is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Always verify license rules and requirements with your state board.