If you are an occupational therapist in the State of Florida, you may be scratching your head, trying to figure out which occupational therapy continuing education courses are considered interactive and which courses are categorized as home study.
To best inform you on the topic of Florida OT interactive continuing education requirements, as outlined by the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy, I will be using a simple FAQ format. These 5 answers will tell you everything you need to know about Interactive continuing education courses, as a Florida OT or OTA.
1. How many contact hours do I need per biennium?
As a Florida Occupational Therapist, you need 26 contact hours of occupational therapy continuing education by February 28th of odd-numbered years.
2. What are the requirements and limitations of Interactive Courses and Home Study Courses?
Of the 26 contact hours needed to fulfill your occupational therapy continuing education requirement, the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy allows up to 12 hours to be home study. The remaining must be Interactive but all 26 contact hours may be interactive, such as our live webinars.
3. What is the difference between Interactive CEUs and Home Study CEUs?
Interactive Examples - Lectures, Workshops, an Online Instruction Program that allows the licensee to interact or communicate back and forth with the instructor (http://www.doh.state.fl.us). All live webinars on HomeCEUConnection.com for occupational therapy continuing education are interactive!
Home Study- Independent study [that] requires a certificate of completion. (http://www.doh.state.fl.us).
For a detailed definition of Interactive and Home Study, please visit the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy - Continuing Education section of the Florida Department of Health website.
4. Does the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy deem any courses as mandatory?
Yes. The following are requirements for Florida OTs and OTAs:
- 2 hours of continuing education relating to the Prevention of Medical Errors
- 2 hours of continuing education relating to the Laws and Rules for Occupational Therapy
- HomeCEUConnection.com is a Board of Occupational Therapy approved provider for both mandatory courses and offers the following courses to meet this requirement: Medical Errors Prevention and Florida Laws and Rules for Occupational Therapists.
- Please Note: For licensees satisfying their first renewal, 1 hour of HIV/AIDS education is also required.
5. Does this mean I can satisfy my ENTIRE Florida OT or Florida OTA CEU requirement with HomeCEUConnection.com?
Absolutely! HomeCEUConnection is a Florida Board of Occupational Therapy approved provider (CE Provider #50-8744). All of our occupational therapy continuing education courses are considered interactive because you have the ability to contact the author of the course material.
So stop looking elsewhere! We are your one-stop shop for interactive courses. Now that you understand the distinction between Interactive courses and Home Study courses, you can see how convenient it is to take all of your occupational therapy CEUs through HomeCEUConnection Interactive courses. If you have additional questions or would like to purchase a course and satisfy your ENTIRE requirement today, call us toll-free at 1-800-554-2387 or visit our course catalog to learn more about specific interactive courses.